Apposite Announces Release of Netropy v1.2
New Emulation, Classification, and Administrative Features Enhance Advanced Network Emulator
LOS ANGELES, CA (February 8, 2011) – Apposite® Technologies, the leader in easy-to-use, professional-quality network emulation products, today announced the release of Netropy™ v1.2, adding new network impairment features, packet classification methods, and administrative capabilities to its award-winning line of network emulation appliances.
Netropy network emulators simulate bandwidth, latency, loss, congestion, and other WAN impairments to test the performance of applications in the lab. With a unique combination of ease-of-use, test lab-level precision, and unmatched pricing, Apposite’s network emulators are widely used by IT managers, network administrators, and application developers around the globe.
Version 1.2 of the Netropy firmware adds a wide range of new features, including:
- Live Network Condition Capture and Replay: The new Netropy Recorder, a Windows-based utility, captures the changing delay and loss conditions of a live network link up to ten times per second. The captured time sequence can then be replayed within the Netropy emulator to reproduce the dynamic conditions of a live network in the lab.
- Priority Queuing: Packet transmission order can now be prioritized by IP ToS values to emulate quality of service effects.
- Packet Corruption: Netropy can now corrupt packet data to test the effect of corruption on application behavior.
- Advanced Packet Classification Methods: Netropy v1.2 adds the ability to assign packets to different network conditions based on the MAC address or TCP/UDP ports numbers in addition to the previous options of IP address range (IPv4 or IPv6), VLAN, or MPLS label.
- Administrative Controls: Multiple users can now be configured for secure access to the device. Users can lock the interface to prevent configuration changes by any other user.
The Netropy 1.2 firmware and the new Netropy Recorder utility are now available for download at no additional charge to all customers of the Netropy N60, N80, and 10G models under a current maintenance contract.
About Apposite Technologies
Apposite Technologies’ award-winning WAN emulation products provide IT professionals with high precision tools for benchmarking the performance of applications across wide area networks. Distinguished by industry-best ease-of-use and unmatched cost-performance, Apposite’s Linktropy and Netropy appliances inform critical decisions impacting bandwidth investment, application deployment, and end-user satisfaction. Apposite’s network emulation products are used by leading enterprises, application and equipment vendors, government and military organization, test labs, and telecommunications carriers around the world.
Apposite Technologies – WAN Emulation Made Easy.Press Contact
(310) 477-9955 x625