BigFix Turns to Apposite for Product Testing Technology

Apposite's Linktropy WAN Emulator Helps BigFix Troubleshoot Applications

LOS ANGELES, CA (May 19, 2009) - Apposite® Technologies, the leader in easy-to-use, professional-quality, network simulation products, today announced that BigFix is using Apposite's Linktropy® WAN emulator to simulate customer networks to test the performance of its products.

BigFix is a leader in high-performance security and systems management solutions. In a world accustomed to multiple, fragmented technologies and point solutions, BigFix offers the only unified management platform that automates and streamlines systems and security management while delivering whole new levels of speed, visibility, and control.

The BigFix platform delivers unmatched performance in the dynamic conditions prevalent in the networks of large distributed organizations. By simulating customer network conditions in the lab using Apposite's Linktropy WAN emulator, BigFix is able to validate product performance prior to release. The use of reproducible network conditions has also made it easier to find any reported problems and verify that fixes work as expected under the same network conditions experienced by BigFix customers.

Apposite's Linktropy WAN emulation appliances simulate link bandwidth, latency, packet loss, congestion, and other impairments to simulate any type of wide-area network. The Linktropy WAN emulator helps users benchmark, troubleshoot, and optimize the performance of applications in the lab.

After considering a number of software-based network simulation products, BigFix evaluated the Linktropy appliance and found it far superior. According to Tyler Duni, platform services engineer at BigFix, "I was able to set up high-latency, high-congestion links very quickly and more reliably than using any other solution. Overall, I was very impressed with how easy the Linktropy product is to setup and operate."

Continues Duni, "The Linktropy WAN emulator allows me to not only throttle bandwidth down to bits per second, but its built-in network monitoring tools allow me to watch client/server bandwidth utilization in real time, even when the network is so slow that it is impossible to retrieve data from the client directly."

With a unique combination of ease-of-use, test lab-level precision, and unmatched prices, Linktropy WAN emulators are widely used by application developers, QA teams, and customer support, as well as by enterprise IT managers and network administrators around the globe.

About Apposite

Apposite Technologies makes WAN emulation easy by offering high-precision network emulation tools with unmatched ease-of-use at unbeatable prices. Apposite's Linktropy WAN emulation appliances simulate bandwidth, latency, loss, congestion, and other network impairments at up to 10 Gbps with fine-grained precision to provide accurate simulations of any type of wide-area network.
Apposite Technologies - WAN Emulation Made Easy.

Press Contacts:

Liza Kurtz
Strategies, Ink
[email protected]
Tel: 917.602.5979